Member Login

Town of East Granby


Town of East Granby

Location:
9 Center Street, East Granby, Connecticut 06026

Business Phone:
(860) 653-3444

Fax:
(860) 653-4017

Website:
www.eastgranbyct.org

W elcome to the town of East Granby. Settled in 1664, East Granby is a rural community located 16 miles North of Hartford, CT. East Granby was incorporated in June of 1858. It was once part of Simsbury. Covering 17.4 sq. miles and populated by 4,390 residents the town is located north central Connecticut and was originally part of the enormous plot of land in the Simsbury area granted to John Griffen of Windsor in 1663. East Granby's population boomed in the early eighteenth century due to the discovery of large copper deposits. Although the industry peaked early because of declining copper values and increasing difficulties in extracting the ore, its local history was capped by the issue of copper coins by a local blacksmith named Higley in 1737 and 1739. The coins are so valuable now that are preserved by museums as well as private collectors.

Categories:

Non-Profit
Government

Contact Person:
Gary M. Haynes


« View All Members